Like us on Facebook to watch for specials!
McMillan Rod & Custom is a proud sponsor of the NSRA Super Prize Program!
Site last updated on 5/27/15.
Customer Car of the Month:
Each month we will feature one of our customer's car.
To be considered for this, email us a picture and a short description.
Owner: Tom & Kathy Hundhammer
From: Makawao, Hawaii
Year & Make of Vehicle: 1942 Chevy Truck
Information about the truck: Tom bought it about 8 years ago as a flatbed (home built) truck. All original and a "bear" to drive much less stop. He finally gave up after a year and started the project you see now.
1. Tom took the whole truck apart, boxed the frame, added an I.F.S. front end w/ coilover shocks, power breaks with disks, at all 4 wheels (11" Wilwood) and power steering.
2. In the rear, 4 bar rear suspension, 9" housing and axles w/ tru-track posi gearset and coilover rear shocks.
3. The engine is a 350 HO create engine w/a 350 turbo transmission.
4. 2" wider steel running boards with (McMillan Rod & Custom ½" half round molding trim) and rear fenders.
5. Flaming River tilt steering column and Lokar Auto trans shifter.
6. Re-did the interior.
7. Took the flat bed off and added a Mar-K bed w/ oak wood and stainless steel strips and had the truck painted.
Now the truck drives and stops fine and a pleasure to drive.
McMillan Rod & Custom products showcased: 1/2" half round stainless steel moldings with rolled ends
McMillan Rod & Custom are fabricators of polished stainless steel components for hot rods and customs selling a line of products and customizing them for you! The product line consists of nerf bars, chin bars, bumpers, air cleaner covers and side vents. They also offer a line of custom stainless steel moldings for running boards, hoods, body trim and interiors.